10 – 15 Pieces of various piping (PVC Pipe, Styrofoam, Wood, Etc.), 1-2 Marbles, 1-2 Golf Balls, Several cones for marking, Bucket
Clearly mark point A and B approximately 18 ft. apart (length = 3’ x number of participants) with a bucket at point B. Create a bend in the path by marking the center with cones for added difficulty.
The challenge is to transport a ball by pipeline from point A to point B in the fastest time possible. The team may attempt the activity several times, planning for improvement between each round. The group must adhere to the following rules:
- Every member of the group has access to only 1 piece of the pipeline per round and the ball must pass through each person’s piece at least once.
- Pieces of the pipeline cannot overlap
- Participants cannot touch the ball at any point
- The ball must be kept in continuous motion at all times
- If the ball is dropped or the rules are broken, the group must begin again at point A with the clock running
- Participants cannot move their feet when the ball is in their piece of the pipeline
- The ball must stay in the pipeline
Two or more teams compete for the best time.
Wow! That's a really neat asnewr!