ObjectivesCommunication | Collaboration | Team Strategy
Group SizeSmall | Medium | Large
- If you have a larger group, break them up into groups of 3-5 people.
- 1 fresh egg (or candy cream egg) for each group
- Straws (Number depends on desired difficulty)
- Masking tape (Amount depends on desired difficulty)
- Any other items for creating a package to protect the egg, e.g. popsicle sticks, paper plates, cotton balls, shreaded paper, etc.
Distribute the materials evenly amongst the groups. Put a marker on a wall to show where you will drop the eggs from.
Using the raw materials provided, the team goal is to build a structure that will support a freefalling egg dropped from a predetermined height (e.g. 7 feet) without the egg breaking.
For added complexity, you can add specifications such as - the structure must catch the egg in such a manner that the egg stops at least 2 inches from the floor, but nor more than 6 inches from the floor, or encourage trading of materials among the groups, or allow the group to earn more materials by doing other challenges.