Difference between revisions of "Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces"
(New page: Category:New Activities ===Objectives=== - Help teams think about collaboration and communication or strategy * Category:Review Activities [[:Category:Review Activities| Review A...)
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
A jigsaw puzzle
A jigsaw puzzleones are nice e.g. [http://capg.zoovy.com/product/JPL63/Puzzle_8_12_x_11_63_Pieces.html 3 puzzles for $4.25]but ones with pictures are also okcups or bags (to hold a of the pieces)
Revision as of 07:43, 10 December 2008
- Help teams think about collaboration and communication or strategy
A jigsaw puzzle. Blank ones are nice e.g. this set of 3 blank puzzles for $4.25, but ones with pictures are also ok. It is also helpful to have cups or small bags (to hold a some of the pieces).
- Divide up the puzzle into chunks - 1 for each functional group or team.
- Pass out the pieces for each group (it helps to divide them into bags or
- Identify the goal you want the team to work towards - e.g. highlighting current challenges fitting teams face in working together, or
- Introduce the activity - goal is to put pieces together
- give people time to work on it (varies depending on complexity)
- facilitate discussion about how this relates to what the group is doing in real life (i.e. how group is working together)
- how is this similar to what we are trying to do as a team?
- how is this different?
- so what? what do we want to take away from this?
- pass out the puzzles in advance and have teams draw their vision of success on them