Difference between revisions of "Teampedia:About"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 20:48, 5 November 2006
The mission of Teampedia is to become the world's largest collection of resources (e.g. warmups, icebreakers, and other group facilitation and training activities) to facilitate teamwork, teambuilding, and community.
- To collaboratively develop, share and archive resources for team leaders, team members, consultants, and facilitators
- To support those working to promote deeper understanding, improve communication, increase enjoyment, build trust, resolve conflicts, and generally create more efficient, fun, effective, creative, harmonious, inclusive, collaborative, and enjoyable relationships
- To help prevent re-invention of the wheel and loss of data in generational transfers
- To value every person's unique and individual contributions
- To harness the power of teamwork and technology to generate and refine collective knowledge
- To generate enough revenue for this website to be self-sustaining (including hosting and development costs)
- To respect copyright and intellectual property rights
- To bring people together
- Teampedia was founded in March 2006 by Seth Marbin with help from many others.
- Although Teampedia has no direct affiliation with the WikiMedia Foundation, or their project Wikipedia - the free online encylopedia, this project was heavily inspired by both.
- Most of the initial teambuilding activities on Teampedia were inspired by activities used at City Year (the nation's largest AmeriCorps program).