The mission of Teampedia is to become the world's largest collection of resources (e.g. warmups, icebreakers, and other group facilitation and training activities) to facilitate teamwork, teambuilding, and community.
- To collaboratively develop, share and archive teambuilding resources
- To value every contributor's unique and individual contributions
- To bring team leaders, team members, consultants, and facilitators together in a vibrant online community
- To help prevent team leaders from "re-inventing the wheel" every time they want to do a teambuilding activity
- To generate enough revenue for this website to be self-sustaining (including hosting and development costs)
- To respect copyright and intellectual property rights
- To combine the power of teamwork and technology to generate and refine collective knowledge
- To support those working to promote deeper understanding, improve communication, increase enjoyment, build trust, resolve conflicts, and generally create more efficient, fun, effective, creative, harmonious, inclusive, collaborative, and enjoyable relationships
- Teampedia was founded in March 2006 by Seth Marbin, and has grown with help from the following team members.
- Although Teampedia has no direct affiliation with the WikiMedia Foundation, or their project Wikipedia - the free online encylopedia, this project was heavily inspired by both.
- Most of the initial teambuilding activities on Teampedia were inspired by activities used at City Year (the nation's largest AmeriCorps program).