The mission of Teampedia is to become the world's largest collection of resources (e.g. warmups, icebreakers, and other group facilitation and training activities) to facilitate teamwork, teambuilding, and community.
- To collaboratively develop, share and archive the world's largest collection of teambuilding resources
- To bring team leaders, team members, consultants, and facilitators together in a vibrant online community where all contributions are valued
- To help prevent team leaders and organizations from "re-inventing the wheel" every time they want to do a teambuilding activity
- To combine the power of teamwork and technology to generate and refine collective knowledge
- To support those working to promote deeper understanding, improve communication, increase enjoyment, build trust, resolve conflicts, and generally create more efficient, fun, effective, creative, harmonious, inclusive, collaborative, and enjoyable teams and communities
- To generate enough revenue for this website to be self-sustaining (including hosting and development costs)
- To respect copyright and intellectual property rights
- Teampedia was founded in March 2006 by Seth Marbin, and has grown with help from many team members.
- Although Teampedia has no direct affiliation with the WikiMedia Foundation, or their project Wikipedia - the free online encylopedia, this project was heavily inspired by both.
- Most of the initial teambuilding activities on Teampedia were inspired by activities used at City Year (the nation's largest AmeriCorps program).