ObjectivesCommunication | Collaboration | Team Strategy
- If the group is large, break them into smaller groups and have a few copies of the maze
Tarp or Paper, Thick Masking Tape
Create a 10’x10’ grid on the tarp using masking tape. Each square should be 1’x1’ or with smaller groups tape pieces of paper to the ground to form a grid, leave 2 inch spaces around all pieces of paper. With doing this activity children a grid of 3x4 is large enough.
The objective of the activity is for the whole group to find their way though the maze. Participants take turns trying out differnt paths through the maze There is only one path through the maze (outlined on the answer key). The path goes left, right, forward or diagonally. Only one participant may enter the maze at a time, trying out one square at a time until making an incorrect move. Once a participant makes an incorrect move, he or she must move back to the beginning and can not go again until all other participants take a turn. After each square the facilitator confirms that the participant has made a correct or incorrect move. The team cannot use external materials of any kind.
- No Talking
- Talking Only When in the Maze
- How did you determine the correct path? What strategy/ies did you use to remember it?
- How many mistakes (stepping on the wrong square more than once) did you make? Why did that happen? What could have been done to improve it?
- How was the support level of the group? What did it feel like to be in the maze? To make a mistake?