Virtual Team Building
More and more, companies are relying on virtual teams or geographically dispersed teams to serve global customers. Building teams across times zones and cultural boundaries has a unique set of challenges.
We have a small collection ofIcebreakers for Online Team Building, and are actively seeking more. Do you have ice breakers or team building activities that have worked for you in the past? Please add them here!
Articles on Virtual Team Building:
- Starting up a Virtual Team
- Virtual team building: the team operating agreement
- Leading Virtually
- Working in Virtual Teams: Overcoming Time and Geography? (Chris Kimble, University of York)
- Effective Virtual Teams through Communities of Practice (Chris Kimble, Barlow Alexis, and Feng Li)
- Virtual Teams (Robert Davison, ISWORLD)
- Team-building key for virtual workplace Business Edge (2006)
- Dr Alister Jury's research into Leadership Effectiveness within Virtual Teams (University of Queensland)